Dear Montgomery Families,
On behalf on the Montgomery Elementary PTO, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our wonderful community!
The Montgomery Elementary PTO includes parents, teachers and staff and is intended to facilitate parental and community participation in the school. The PTO’s mission is to support Montgomery students, teachers, and staff by promoting quality education, striving to expand the arts, encouraging community involvement, and working to provide a safe and healthy environment for our children.
The primary way to make this the best year for your family and our community is to join the PTO! Membership is FREE! We encourage every family, teacher, and staff member to join. When you join the PTO you are not obligated to attend all meetings nor volunteer; you can participate as much or as little as you would like or are able. Your support enhances your child(ren)’s experiences at our school!
Money raised by the PTO is used to fund educational enrichment materials and programs such as:
- In-house High Touch High Tech programs for grades K-5
- Atlanta History Center social studies traveling trunks
- Educational resources for all grade levels, classrooms, and specials
- Classroom supplies and materials not supported by DeKalb County
- Musical instruments
- Author and illustrator school visits
- STEM night, fine arts night, parent events
- Campus beautification
- Teacher appreciation events
- Principal & teacher trainings
- Artificial turf for the upper grade level playground
- New water refill stations
- New outdoor all weather benches and tables
Stay in the know! To keep up on MES events and news, please check the Montgomery Elementary PTO website, sign up for the weekly Mustang Bulletin and “like” the Montgomery Elementary PTO Facebook page.
The PTO is a 100% VOLUNTEER organization by parents within our community and we NEED you! If you are able to volunteer your time or support the PTO by offering your professional services, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are a plethora of opportunities to support MES and be involved in the PTO with time commitments ranging from once a year to weekly.
Thank you for your support of the Montgomery Elementary PTO. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
MES PTO President